Our selected strains are grown organically in Italy, hemp derived, non psychoactive, THC-free* & EIHA EU certified strains.
|Flavour||Dark, Earthy, Woody|
|Trim||Blended Kief Press, Crumble|
|Effect||Deep Relaxation, Mood Uplifiting, Insomnia, Stress, Pain
For good reason this SUPER POLLEN is by far our favourite CBG extract! If you havent heard...CBG is potentially the mother of all cannabinoids (and for good reason). Its found in very small concentrations on the cannabis plant during flowering hence its rarity and small concentration amounts.
Aside from THC and CBD, CBG or Cannagiberol is one of the most overlooked cannabinoids. This powerful compound is not only non intoxicating, but does offer a whole host of therapeutic benefits.
- CBG has been found to act on very specific physiological systems and problems, and results for medicinal use are promising:
- Endocannabinoid receptors are prevalent in eye structures, and interestingly, CBG is thought to be particularly effective in treating glaucoma because it reduces introacular pressure. It is a powerful vasodilator and has neuroprotective effects to boot.
- In animal experiments involving mice, CBG was found to be effective in decreasing the inflammation characteristic of inflammatory bowel disease.
- In a recent 2015 study, CBG was shown to protect neurons in mice with Huntington’s disease, which is characterized by nerve cell degeneration in the brain.
- CBG is showing great promise as a cancer fighter. Specifically, CBG was shown to block receptors that cause cancer cell growth. In one such study, it was shown to inhibit the growth of colorectal cancer cells in mice, thereby slowing colon cancer growth. CBG inhibited tumors and chemically-induced colon carcinogenesis, therefore demonstrating a very exciting possibility for a cure for colorectal cancer.
- European research shows evidence that CBG is an effective antibacterial agent, particularly against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) microbial strains resistant to several classes of drugs. Since the 1950s, topical formulations of cannabis have been effective in skin infections, but researchers at the time were unaware of the plant’s chemical composition.
- In a very recent 2017 study, researchers showed that a form of CBG purified to remove delta-9 THC was a very effective appetite stimulant in rats. This may lead to a novel non-psychotropic therapeutic option for cachexia, the muscle wasting and severe weight loss seen in late stage cancer and other diseases.
- In a study that looked at the effects of five different cannabinoids on bladder contractions, CBG tested best at inhibiting muscle contractions, so it may be a future tool in preventing bladder dysfunction disorders.
Scientists are excited about these initial CBG results and are promoting future research with CBG alone or CBG in combination with other cannabinoids and therapies for the treatment of multiple maladies. Because it is non-psychotropic, CBG has a promising wide range of potential applications not only for the problems mentioned above, but also as an analgesic, therapy for psoriasis, and as an antidepressant.
Whilst having names synonymous with famous cannabis strains with similar terpene profiles these products are just souvenirs not to be ingested.
You must be over 18! This product cannot be given to customers under the legal age. With your order, you confirm that you are over 18. Please use responsibly.